A motorcycle museum at 2,175m!
Highest motorcycle museum: TOP Mountain Crosspoint
The Timmelsjoch High Alpine Road that links the Tyrolean Ötztal Valley with South Tyrol in Italy is one of Europe’s most popular mountain passes for motorcyclists, with winding roads and a mountain backdrop that is second to none. Biking in the midst of three-thousander peaks is an unmissable experience! Back in 2016, twins and keen motorcyclists Alban and Attila Scheiber fulfilled a long-held dream by creating the 6,060sqm TOP Mountain Crosspoint with a world-class motorcycle museum – at 2,175m altitude, the highest in Europe!
They inherited their passion for engines from their father, Alban Scheiber Senior, a former professional racing driver and well-known Tyrolean tourism pioneer. At the TOP motorcycle museum, 280 classic vehicles by around 118 manufacturers are exhibited on a 3,000sqm area. From A for AJS to Z for Zündapp, all the major motorcycle makes of the last 100 years are represented. Embark on an exciting journey through the history of motorcycles and cars! The motorcycle museum also presents changing exhibitions on special themes such as the vintage piste equipment from over 70 years of ski history currently on show. The oldest exhibit dates from 1947.
The TOP Mountain Crosspoint is much more than just Europe’s highest motorcycle museum – it’s also an architectural landmark and spectacular fusion of panoramic restaurant and terrace, indoor and outdoor chill zone, toll station, lower terminus for the Kirchenkarbahn cable car, embarkation point for the Perrier Jouët gourmet gondola, passing point between North and South Tyrol, meeting point between the Obergurgl-Hochgurgl ski area and the Timmelsjoch High Alpine Road. Cultural multifunctionality for connoisseurs.
Other Top Mountain Crosspoint
facilities and highlights
- EV charging stations: we are currently able to offer two charging terminals for electric vehicles – with two more being planned. Easy charging for electric bicycles, scooters, motorcycles and cars – sockets suitable for both two and four-wheeled vehicles
- Shop: fashions, leather goods, souvenirs and accessories
- Gastronomy: Austro-Italian delights at over 2,000m above sea level. Authentic cuisine from North and South Tyrol. Acres of glass and wood plus a touch of steel, decorated only by the views of the Ötztal Alps
- TOP Mountain Crosspoint open air concerts: on the sun terrace – weather permitting!
- Winter: Perrier Jouët gourmet gondola seats up to five, serving drinks and specialities from the TOP Mountain Crosspoint restaurant
Travel highlights on the Timmelsjoch to South Tyrol
Travelling along the Timmelsjoch High Alpine Road is an experience in itself, but also offers attractions and sights – prepare to be amazed! To get there, leave the motorway at the Ötztal turnoff. A few hundred metres after the exit you will reach a roundabout – and that’s where your journey of discovery begins:
- Area 47
- Lake Piburger See & Turmmuseum
- Ötzi Village archaeological open-air museum & Ötztal Birds of Prey Park
- Ötztaler Bier Manufaktur brewery
- Aqua Dome & local history museum
- Alpine Ski World Cup Opening & Hannibal
- Ötztal Cycling Marathon
- Bike Republic Sölden
- TOP Mountain Crosspoint
- Timmelsjoch/Passo del Rombo: border with Italy & mountain pass museum
We wish classic-two-wheeler enthusiasts, engine freaks and food fiends an exciting time-travel trip. We will be delighted to welcome ski-fans, gourmets and wellness-lovers to our 5-star superior Relais & Châteaux TOP Hotel Hochgurgl. Have a great journey and see you soon!